Last Updated on
This article was previously posted under the title: How Much Does NomNomNow Cat Food Cost? NomNomNow pet food was rebranded as Nom Nom pet food in February 2020.
How Much Does Nom Nom Cat Food Cost?
Looking for info about the subscription service and what’s inside Nom Nom cat food? Read our in-depth review.
Nom Nom fresh pet food delivery released their cat food line in May 2018—and they’ve made an impression. Great reviews for Nom Nom cat food are scattered across the web, and maybe they’ve got you interested. Maybe you were interested enough to make it all the way to the Nom Nom website where you realized that you need to enter in all of your information in order to get a quote to find out how much it costs.
Don’t think this is concealment on the part of Nom Nom—in fact, they have a good reason for the tough-to-find pricing. Nom Nom is a highly personalized cat food experience. Your subscription is special. You aren’t going to pay the same prices as your neighbor, because your cat families aren’t the same.
Fortunately, it is possible to figure out a rough estimate of how much Nom Nom’s cat food delivery service will cost you. Here’s what we know.
Nom Nom fresh cat food delivery costs from $2-$6 per day, depending on the weight and needs of your cat. If you have the freezer space, I highly recommend you choose a monthly subscription. You will see significant savings over the weekly delivery option. Compare approximate prices below.
|Cat’s weight||Weekly delivery||Two-week delivery||Monthly delivery|
|2-7 pound cat||$26.04/week or $3.72/day||$18.16/week or $2.59/day||$14.22/week or $2.03/day|
|8-9 pound cat||$30.15/week or $4.31/day||$22.27/week or $3.18/day||$18.33/week or $2.62/day|
|10-13 pound cat||$34.26/week or $4.89/day||$26.38/week or $3.77/day||$22.44/week or $3.21/day|
|14-20 pound cat||$38.37/week or $5.48/day||$30.50/week or $4.36/day||$26.55/week or $3.79/day|
Because a Nom Nom subscription is super-personalized, these prices may be slightly different from your final cost. When you sign up for Nom Nom, they ask you to enter your cat’s weight. You also verify whether or not that’s a healthy weight for your cat, or if you’re helping them lose/gain weight. This allows the Nom Nom team of nutritionists to determine your cat’s appropriate portion size—and the final cost of your cat’s food.
For Wessie, a 12-pound cat who is at his healthy weight, that is $5.13 every day or $35.89/week.
If you have multiple cats, you are in luck! Nom Nom offers discounts for multi-pet families. Because of Nom Nom cat food’s variable pricing, it’s tough to guess how much of a discount you’ll receive on additional pets. You will probably receive at least 30% off the cost of your second cat’s subscription.
What is special about Nom Nom cat food?
Nom Nom is not a budget cat food, but you shouldn’t assume that a premium price tag means a premium product. It’s important to individually review every food you’re considering to determine whether or not it’s worth that higher price.
Let’s take a closer look and find out if Nom Nom cat food is worth the price.
Nom Nom is a subscription service made for your ultimate convenience—a Dollar Shave Club for pets.
The big difference between Nom Nom and most cat foods is their subscription service. You’re paying for the freedom to never worry about running out of cat food again and for the convenience of portion-sizes determined for your cat by Nom Nom’s on-staff veterinary nutritionist.
- Nom Nom is made in a human-grade kitchen. This means their kitchen meets the same FDA requirements any human food establishments would adhere to.
- Nom Nom uses fresh, clearly-labeled ingredients. Their foods are free from by-products, artificial flavors, artificial colors, and corn, soy, or wheat. It’s easy to see the ingredients in the food, and we aren’t afraid to eat it, too.
- Nom Nom is made fresh for every order. The Nom Nom chefs make batches of food to order and never freeze and store the food. You’ll never receive food made more than four days earlier.
- Nom Nom cat food comes in pouches which make it easy to serve and store. The individual-portion sized pouches are easy to make room for in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Nom Nom is a convenient alternative to home-cooked food. Nom Nom is a good choice if you’d like to feed your cat a fresher diet but aren’t ready to leap into making raw or home-cooked food. It can be comforting to know that the food your feeding your cat is backed by a veterinarian and the weight of making the food nutritionally complete isn’t on your shoulders.
- You’ll receive access to the Nom Nom nutrition team with your subscription. If you have any questions about the food or your cat’s diet in general, you’ll have easy access to their answers.
- It’s easy to manage your Nom Nom subscription service. You can update your information or add new pets to the subscription from your dashboard. Keep in mind, however, that you must call or email Nom Nom if you want to cancel your subscription.
How much does Nom Nom cost compared to other cat foods?
I headed over to Chewy to do some price comparisons and find out how Nom Nom stacks up compared to popular cat food brands. We based all of our estimates on a 12-pound cat.
Nom Nom Cat Food
|Wet Cat Food Comparison||Cost per day|
|Ziwi Peak Venison Recipe Canned Cat Food||$11.04|
|Caru Classic Chicken Stew Grain-Free||$5.38|
|Fancy Feast Classic Chicken Feast Pate||$1.89|
|Instinct by Nature’s Variety Rabbit Recipe||$6.30|
|Dry Cat Food Comparison||Cost per day|
|Solid Gold Indigo Moon with Chicken & Eggs||$0.35|
|Crave with Protein from Chicken Grain-Free Dry||$0.54|
|Ziwi Peak Air-Dried Mackerel & Lamb Recipe||$2.96|
|Freeze-dried Cat Food Comparison||Cost per day|
|Stella & Chewy’s Chick Chick Chicken Dinner Morsels||$4.53|
|Primal Turkey Formula Nuggets||$3.16|
Raw Cat Food
If you’re looking for a super-fresh, biologically appropriate cat food with a lower price tag, try raw cat food. While commercially prepared raw cat food cat range from $1.57 to over $7 per day, you can make raw food at home for less than the price of most canned cat foods. You can make raw cat food at home for as low as $0.78 per day.
Here’s a complete breakdown of the cost of raw cat food: Is Raw Cat Food Expensive?
Nom Nom cat food discounts:
Disclaimer: If you make your purchase of Nom Nom cat food through our links, Wildernesscat will receive a percentage of the sale. It doesn’t cost any extra but helps us to continue sharing the radical cat parenting message. Thank you!
Nom Nom is currently offering 20% off each customer’s first order of Nom Nom cat food. They are also offering a free bag of chicken jerky treats to every new customer. Click here to get a quote for your cat.
Do you want even more of a discount? If you purchase your Nom Nom subscription through our link below, you will get 50% off your first order.
Would you like to learn more about Nom Nom?
Visit our review if you want more information on Nom Nom cat food. That’s where we share all of the important stuff: ingredients, quality, brand history… and what the cats and humans thought of the flavor.